Alabama State Games Bowling Competition
BOWLING: Competition Date: June 8 and 10, 2017
Download Event Information Packet:
Adapted Bowling Competition: Thursday, June 8
Singles and Teams Competition: Saturday, June 10Tournament Director:
- Youth - Direct entry to scholarship SMART Program (Average 100 and above only): $32 per bowler.
- Youth, Adult, Senior, Adapted: $17 per bowler.
- Per team (teams of 4 any combination): $45 per team
- Youth Scholarship - Scholarships will be offered for first and second places in four divisions. Boys and girls will compete together.
- Adult and Senior Divisions - This will be scratch tournament. Seniors can bowl in their senior division and/or adult division based on their average.
- Adapted Division
- Team Division - four bowlers in any combination.
- This is a sanctioned USBC tournament. All participants must have a valid USBC membership card and persent it before the first round begins. Non-members can purchase a card prior to the tournament to be be eligible for sanctioned high game/series awards at www.bowl.com. Bowlers can also sign up for a card on-site at Dothan Lanes on Saturday, June 10th. Laptop(s) will be available. The Youth USBC membership cost is $4, visit www.bowl.com to see what all benefits come with the membership. USBC rules 319(a), 319(d), and 319(e) do not apply.
- All bowlers will use their current league averages (highest average in more than one league) as of Friday, May 1, 2017 based on 12 games or more.
- Those without an average will bowl in the upper division.
- Bowlers must have verification of average documents on hand at the event site. The recap sheet, league standing sheet or roster sheet are acceptable. Reporting of incorrect averages may be cause for disqualification.
- In the event of a tie to determine the semi finalists or finalists, an extra ninth or tenth frame roll-off will be held on a pair of lanes to be determind by the tournament director.
- In the event of a tie within the stepladder roll-off, an extra ninth or tenth frame roll-off will be held on a pair of lanes to be determind by the tournament director.
- No practice lanes available.
- AL. State Games gold, silver and bronze medals awarded to each category/division and to each individual on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams.
- All bowlers in the adapted division will receive a medal.
- Bowling is a medal sport for the State Games of America event. Those who medal in the 2016 & 2017 Alabama State Games bowling tournament qualify to compete in the 2017 State Games of America (SGA), held in Grand Rapids, Michigan, August 3-6, 2017. Participants in the Alabama State Games are responsible to check event format and age groups for all SGA qualifying sports offered at the Alabama State Games.
Additional Event Information
Additional information about Bowling and the overall Alabama State Games event activities, including Opening Ceremony, can be found in the tabbed section below. Use the tabs on the left to reveal the section you want to view.
Alabama State Games Hospitality Patrons
The Alabama State Games Hospitality Patrons support the games by donating equipment, food for volunteers and supplies as well as monetary donations. We would never be able to pull of the Alabama State Games without these organizations. Please take the time to support these fine companies.